We are seeking a MongoDB/MySQL database devloper to join our IT software team to support and enhance our SaaS based system. As a database devloper, you will be responsible for support and optimizing our various database instances and related infrastructure in a 24x7 production environment.
The ideal candidate is one who is highly motivated, self-starter and able to work independently and juggle multiple tasks. Attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and a strong work ethic are essential. Working with these systems requires solid foundation in MongoDB, MySQL, Reporting and Linux to name a few.
- Provide technical operations support and oversee data infrastructure.
- Provide strong troubleshooting skills using experience and other available resources
- Provide monitoring, disaster recovery, and system support
- Maintain up-to-date detailed documentation and publishing; where applicable
- Assist in ensuring 24x7 availability of services related to data
- Develop and maintain script codes related to data
- Develop, maintain and manage JasperSoft based reporting system
- Resolve production issues received from ticketing system
- BS degree in computer science or related technology field.
- 2+ years of IT related experience
- Experience and hands on knowledge of MongoDB, MySQL, SQL Server Databases
- Experience with scripting language like Python, Ruby or Perl
- Experience or knowledge with reporting tools like JasperSoft, Jasper Studio
- Strong experience with Linux/CentOS/RedHat/Ubuntu operating systems
- Experience in database replication, recovery, and performance optimizations
- Proficient in data migration and minimization of downtime supporting an SLA
- Familiar with ETL tools like Talend or Pentaho
- Experience or knowledge with Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience or knowledge with scripting and automation of deployments a plus
- Extensive experience with backup and disaster recovery best practices
- Problem solver and self-starter with a high level of focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical, organizational and time-management skills
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position. The compensation is competitive, and depending on the candidate’s qualifications.