Working with manufacturing personnel, the product engineer is responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to bring new products to the company portfolio.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for project success and delivering on schedule, on budget and within defined quality guidelines.
- Capable of leading multiple projects at the same time with the ability self-prioritize tasks and objectives based on defined project timelines.
- Provide technical solutions and guidance to defined problems with the ability to lead the manufacturing transfer and ramp.
- Lead project teams from concept development through manufacturing transfer, resulting in manufacturing ramp up and release.
- Incorporate a six-sigma approach incorporating various risk management tools including but not limited to Applications, Design and Process failure modes effects analysis.
- Perform design analysis utilizing hand calculations as well as finite element analysis tools to predict early failures and mitigate early project risks.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelors of Science in engineering disciplines required, Mechanical, Biomedical, Material Engineering preferred.
- Master of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum two years Medical Device product development experience preferred.
- Exposure to Project Management is required.
- SolidWorks 3D/2D modeling experience.
- Understanding of the Design and Development process.
- Understanding of external standards as they apply to the project at hand.
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
- Team Leadership.
- Quality Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.