Senior JAVA Software Engineer
As a Java programmer this position will work with computer programs, specifically using the Java programming language and software. The individual in the role will be responsible for design and development of functional enhancements of Server software systems, which functions as a middleware wireless connectivity solution of medical device fleet to hospital Electronic Medical Record systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Server software development.
- Product implementation in client hospital via remote access.
- System maintenance.
- Triage of customer reported issue.
- Provide mentor/leadership for Junior developers.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related disciplines. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Four plus years software development experience
- Expertise in Java. C/C++ is a plus
- Programming experience in J2EE technology
- Experience in Web UI development
- Familiarity with JBoss application server and SEAM knowledge is a plus
- Good knowledge and experience in Oracle database
- Familiarity of network/communication protocol is also a plus
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle models
- Excellent Communication proficiency, both verbal and written
- Ability to work successfully in small teams as well as independently to meet project deadlines