Installs and maintains server environment for company and customers by performing the follow duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administers, creates, tests, and sustains operating system and related software.
- Prepares and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Provides consultation and support to field service personnel regarding application system operations
- Maintains user computing equipment and productivity applications.
- Maintains Shoretel IP phone system.
- Document support activities
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and maintains various application servers.
- Provides networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords.
- Assists with linking Web servers to database systems.
- Manages all backups.
- Develops network, news, and host security policies.
- Monitors network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Manages set up and maintenance of intranets related to system administration functions.
- Meets with engineering groups to allocate server resources and install new servers.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.